Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 16

I got you under my thumb.

For givmemo a quick step by step explanation:



Step 1: open image 1 in photo shop. I then made an extraction of my hand shot of the day and put it into another layer.

It has been resized and moved to the location I need it to be. You will notice the thumb hangs over the building a little.


Now you add a layer mask choosing the reveal all option.


Now using the brush tool and painting with black on the layer mask remove any parts of the thumb that don't belong there. I recommend some of the tutorials in the fx section on Worth1000 for help making selections and extractions etc. There are some wonderful things there.  :P




8 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so clever and so endearing, but this is two images, isn't it? The lighting on that thumb dosn't quite seem the same as on the buildings... But it's such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat picture! It looks like your thumb is pushing down on the building - can I ask how you achieved this effect?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Well done. I would like to see some different lighting techniques used on your hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done and quite believable. As Kim says the lighting is not exactly the same, but I still think it looks pretty real. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not know there are such high buildings on your island. It would also be cool to do a actual "Tower of Pisa" like perspective illusion but I guess digitally merging is so much fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun image! I like the direction you've been taking your photos recently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you trying to stunt it's growth?
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete